IT'S CARROT CAKE DAY!
It's the international carrot cake day!
For years this has been my favorite cake, even when i was young.
The consistency and flavors, especially the huge amount of CINNAMON always got me.
Today it is defiantly one of my favorite products we sell.
After getting a lot of questions for a good and really healthy version of one - here it is!
It is not our secret recipe, but it is definitely an amazing one that you must try!
300 g gluten free flour
4 g baking powder
3 g baking soda
7 g cinnamon
5 g flaxseed, ground
pinch of salt
600 g carrots, peeled and roughly diced
70 g unsweetened almond mylk
100 g maple
50 g sunflower seeds oil
30 g almond butter
4 g vanilla exstract
2 g apple cider vinegar
for the garnish -
Coconut wiped cream, you can find the recipe HERE
Raw chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160C .
2. Cook 400 g of your carrots until tender (but not too much), around 20 min, and set aside to chill.
3. grate the rest of the 200 g carrots, and put aside in a bowl.
4. add to the blender - chilled carrots, almond mylk, maple, vanilla exstract, apple cider vinegar and flaxeed, and blend for 30 sec.
5. leave the blender aside and let the flaxeed get thick while mixing the dry ingredients.
6. in a bowl, put all the rest of the dry ingredients - flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mix until well combined.
7. now we are getting back to the blender - add the oil and almond butter and blend for another minute.
8. add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix very well!
9. fold in the grated carrots.
10. pour into a loaf tin with baking paper and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
11. Top with a thick layer of coconut whipped cream, pistachios and chocolate (you can also use pumpkin seeds, walnuts or pecans) optional- drizzle some pure maple on top.